Happy Wednesday to you! I have to admit to being a little pleased with myself for managing to post here three weeks in a row. It takes a bit of forethought, which isn’t exactly my forte. On with the show (and tell)!
Once again, knitting projects have consumed my crafting time, so no progress has been made on my afghan. I really should be getting a couple of squares done each week if I have any hope of using it next winter. How some crocheters can knock out an afghan in a weekweek — in DK yarn no less! — is beyond my comprehension.
I have to admit that I’ve been eyeballing all the fun colors in my stash and have been getting the itch to start another afghan. Maybe a smaller one? I mean, just look a those!
That reminds me. I don’t think I ever said what I did with those flowers. I need to get a better picture of the garland before I show it off.
I made it through the chapter in Embracing The Body that I mentioned last week. I really had nothing to be frightened of. Tara is a beautiful guide. However, the subject of sexuality/sensuality (which, btw, are two different things) tends to be a “hot button” issue, with me at times, and with the Church at large. So much so, that I immediately seem to balk when the subject comes up…which, of course, in a book about embracing our bodies, it is bound to do. Tara handles it beautifully and makes some great points that I’ll be taking with me long after I turn the last dog-eared page. I’ll let you discover them for yourselves, though. Seriously. Get this book!
As you can see, I’ve made tremendous progress on my Milo! I am loving that cable! I chose the bigger twist over the other cables in the pattern because 1) I thought it would be more visible on that dark blue yarn, and 2) I’m actually pretty phobic about cables and will usually avoid them like the plague. With only one cross every 8 rows, I though it was doable.
I got started on my February Lady Sweater. It’s just rows of garter stitch at this point, so it’s pretty mindless. After looking at pages and pages of project photos, though, I’m starting to get a little nervous that it’s going to wind up being a very unflattering mass on me. The yarn I’m using is 80% cotton and 20% merino, which I’m afraid might stretch out badly while being worn. I shall just keep plugging along at this point, though, and we shall see.
I did manage to get one project done done this week (one less rabbit), my purple baby hat for CLICK for Babies. I made it with worsted yarn because that’s what I had, but I prefer DK or lighter for infants. I’ll pick up some DK this week. The pattern can be found here. It’s really easy to modify and has become my go-to baby hat. I tweek it by adding the twisted stitches every 4th row. This hat is also 48 stitches vs 68 and knit on US-7s due to the thicker yarn.
Have a great Wednesday!